Nine Fasteners, Inc. is in the solar energy business. We supply hardware for installation and component assembly. These components are a combination of standard mounting hardware and wiring clips. Currently we are supplying wire management clips to a number of prominent solar systems distributors and installers nationwide. The wiring clips we supply are made from 410 stainless steel or 301 ½ hard stainless. We are capable of supplying clips to your specifications. If you have a specific requirement, forward it to us and we will supply a proposal, and if requested, samples for testing.
How Wire Management Extends Solar Lifespan
Solar PV arrays typically require a large network of wires to connect modules and transmit electricity. Although often overlooked, effective management of these wires is a crucial component of proper solar hardware installation. The design of solar panel arrays means that you should coil or connect cables in predictable patterns to maintain safe and reliable operation, and this can be more challenging than it sounds.
For instance, the bending radius must be controlled for each wire to avoid unnecessary strain, and the cables must be kept away from sharp edges that could slice into the insulation. The weather also poses a threat to exposed wiring, so you’ll need to consider ways to protect free-air conductors from environmental damage.
Thoroughly addressing these challenges is difficult, but it safeguards the lifespan of a solar array while minimizing the risk of fire or electrical failure. You should make careful use of tools and supports to optimize the layout of each array. Our wire management clips are essential for this process, allowing cords to be coupled with one another or securely attached to railings.
At Nine Fasteners, we offer wire management clips in a variety of shapes and sizes to accommodate a full range of possible configurations.
Hardware You Need for Solar Panel Roof Mounting
Roof mounting methods vary depending on the roof shape and substrate. Different techniques are necessary to securely mount to a sloped roof compared to a flat one, for instance, or an asphalt roof compared to a rubber one. Many variations are possible even within the same categories of systems. The hardware used varies slightly based on these factors, but the same general components are typically necessary:
- Rails: Metal support rails are commonly drilled into sloped roofs, although rail-less configurations are possible. The solar panels are then fastened to these rails rather than to the roof itself.
- Bolts and Screws: Fasteners of all sorts provide critical functions for mounting panels to their supports and the supports to the roof.
- Clamps: Clamps are necessary for almost every solar panel arrangement, used to attach the panels to their specific support system.
- Wire Management Clips: These stainless steel clips secure the wiring in its optimal configuration, preventing damage to the electrical system.
Considerations for Solar Panel Fastening
There are a number of considerations before you can determine the specific procedure you’ll need for a given solar panel installation. These include:
- Slope and structure of roof, including location of rafters
- Roof material
- Wire arrangement pattern, including bending angles, connections, and coiling patterns
- Nearest electrical source location
The specific mounting procedure will depend on these considerations, but the broad steps of mounting remain the same:
- Identify a location for the panel.The optimum location depends on the slope of the roof but is chosen to maximize the amount of sunlight received.
- Install mounts, railings, and other support structures. Use bolts to secure them to existing supports in the roof structure (typically rafters).
- Fasten the panels to the mounts.This step will vary greatly depending on the mounting system but will typically require a combination of bolts, screws, and clamps.
- Arrange the wires and connect the electricity. Wire management becomes crucial at this step, and care must be taken to clip the wires into a safe and functional configuration.
Eight Reasons to Choose Us
- Made in U.S.A.
- Pricing / Samples Available
- Rolled Outer Edge Eliminates Chaffing
- Made from 410 Stainless Steel
- Inventory Availability / Quick Turnaround
- Scheduled / Blanket Orders Welcome
- Ease of Installation
- Design Flexibility
Solar Panel Hardware from Nine Fasteners
A solar panel’s lifespan is usually measured in decades, but faulty wire management can jeopardize that. Fortunately, Nine Fasteners, Inc. is in the solar energy business. We supply an extensive line of hardware for installation and component assembly, including a combination of standard mounting hardware and wiring clips.
We supply wire management clips to a number of prominent solar systems distributors and installers nationwide. The wiring clips we supply are made from 410 stainless steel or 301 ½ hard stainless. We can also custom fabricate wiring clips to your specifications. If you have a specific requirement, forward it to us and we will supply a proposal, and if requested, samples for testing.
Nine Fasteners, Inc. offers superior-quality mounting hardware to protect your solar investment.
Request your quote today to find out how we can become your comprehensive solar hardware provider and help keep your arrays functioning at their best.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DATA SHEETS FOR 1306 & 1306-V90 (PDF - 1860KB)
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DATA SHEETS FOR 1307 & 1307-V90 (PDF - 2010KB)
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DATA SHEETS FOR 1461 & 1462 (PDF - 991KB)
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DATA SHEETS FOR 1463 & 2452A (PDF - 1650KB)
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR DATA SHEETS FOR 1701 (PDF - 632KB)